Something to Smile About…Posted: June 12, 2012
Last week was rough. There’s really no other way to describe it.
Without getting into too much detail, I had way too many things going on…and I missed an important appointment because I didn’t double-check my dates (BUT, I was able to reschedule!).
Luckily, I have a wonderful husband who helps me out in any way he can. Last week it was doing laundry, getting up with me at 5:30 in the morning and driving 40 minutes–each way– to pick someone up before I went to work, making breakfast and lunch, and listening to me have a mini-meltdown midweek. No big deal.
Somehow, we made it through the week and Saturday morning, we were out of bed bright and early to drive down to the social event I’ve been mentioning for the last month or so.
This weekend, Ben and I attended a wedding. The wedding of my friend Laura… or my ex would-have-been-sister-in-law. She’s a pretty amazing lady and we are still close. Driving down Saturday morning my feelings were swinging between “This is going to be totally fine. It’s not a big deal.” and “What the heck was I thinking?! I am so nervous that I am going to drive off the road!”
The reality of the event was somewhere in between. I’ll share more in my next post…but for now, I need to share some positivity!
So, here is a short list of things that made my weekend (and life in general) pretty amazing:
1. My hubs. This man makes my life a lot more interesting. Each and every day. Not to mention, he’s pretty handsome.
2. Wearing a dress that I haven’t worn in a long time and finding out that it still looks pretty good. It’s an awesome feeling, and nice to know that hard work does pay off.
3. Local Produce. I love going to farm stands, co-ops and farmers’ markets and knowing that I am supporting my local economy… not to mention, it just tastes better. This weekend, my sister, Ben and I visited Turks, a small farm and flower market in Horseheads, NY.
5. Fresh Ingredients. Simple Food. Delicious-ness. Here are some shots of our Sunday lunch. Thrown together in about thirty minutes after a quick trip to Turks and Wegmans for supplies.
6. Potato Salad. Especially when it’s not drenched in Mayo…Recipe for this particular salad is coming soon!
7. Late summer nights. Particularly when paired with a glass of wine in hand, hummus at my fingertips and ridiculous conversation. Bonus points for a bonfire.
What are some things that make you ridiculously happy?
As I said, stay tuned. More to come!