GBN: Week 2Posted: August 2, 2012
Here we are again. Has it really been a week already?
Before we start-Special shout-out to Zee Lemons for hitting me up on MFP! I hope you find it as helpful/borderline addicting as I do!
When I left you in my first GBN post, I was a little nervous about showing off all of my super attractive post-workout shots…but now, I think I am embracing it.
Now, here we go!
1. This was a Friday morning run (3.4) with the hubby. We started out slow but finished strong. I was worried about being tired throughout the day but I made it through feeling great!
2. Saturday: A run-walk. Liz was visiting from Virginia, so we decided to venture out on a 4.4 mile route. Although we didn’t run the whole way, it was great girl time and felt good to get out in the sunshine! We followed with a delicious (local) breakfast made by Farmer Ben.
3. Sunday Solo Run. This was a quick 3.34 mile route. I ventured out at 1:45 pm and quickly realized that I hadn’t had enough water and it was a lot hotter than I anticipated. Needless to say, this was rough. I also managed to get a little bit of a sunburn. No big.
4. Monday-Hill/Fartlek-4.64 miles. This was so much fun! I love running with Farmer Ben. I admit, the hills were a challenge, but I definitely enjoyed checking out a new road and shaking up my routine. I think I have a new go-to route!
5. Rest Day.
6. Wednesday Morning Hill-3.2 miles. Per usual, I had a hard time getting out of bed and-in my bleary-eyed state-decided to tackle the same hill I ran the other day. Still a challenge. When I got back to my apartment, my legs were burning but I felt good.
7. Thursday Confession: I rolled my ankle on yesterday’s run and it was pretty sore today, so Ben and I opted for a walk (2 miles). So…another rest day.
Total Mileage: 20.98 miles
Summary: I think it was a pretty good week… I still need to get up earlier to get some mileage in–the time factor is huge! I discovered a new route, did some hill-work and was able to soak up some Vitamin D. Hopefully taking today off will help my ankle.
Goals for next week: Up my mileage and do some speedwork, conquer that hill and my alarm clock!
Did you have any workout milestones this week? Or mishaps? Let me know!
See you next week! Happy Running!