GBN: Week 3Posted: August 9, 2012
Week 3 did not get off to a good start. I mentioned rolling my ankle on Wednesday’s run. It was still not back to normal by Saturday morning so Friday and Saturday (partly due to my ankle, and partly due to poor planning) were rest days.
The rest of this week looked a bit better.
1. Sunday-4 miles. Armed with a new sports bra, naptime and sheer determination, I was ready to take on the world. After a morning at church, an afternoon of eating way too much and lots of napping, I
was ready needed to run. Farmer Ben and I walked for a few minutes (about 3/4 mile) for a warmup and then started-slow and steady. With less than a mile to go, I was hot. Really hot. Wanting to stop hot. Thankfully, the sky decided to open up and let loose the most wonderful shower a girl could ask for…it was exactly what I needed to finish strong. Upon reaching the driveway, I looked like a drowned rat but I felt great. I felt even better after I realized that I had averaged 9:36 minute miles.
2. Monday morning-2.54 miles. Due to overindulgence and napping, I didn’t sleep well on Sunday night, but that couldn’t stop me from getting out and hitting the pavement! I managed to get in a little over 2.5 miles at a solid 9:15 min/mile pace. I would have gone longer, but I remembered that I had to be to work early…oops!
3. Tuesday-Rest day. Life and work were crazy so I chose sleep.
4. Wednesday Evening-4.0 miles. I went down to my mother’s for the evening and decided to tackle her road. My mother lives in the boonies and is surrounded by hills…Turning out of her driveway, I was faced with a big uphill, and then mostly downhill for the second mile. Running back was mostly uphill with a big downhill finish. It was a hard run and pretty dark out so I stuck around a 10:15 pace. It was nice. All I had was a flashlight and my trusty watch… no headphones, no music, no apps. Just the woods, the sky and me.
And then I played with Griffin. He’s such a mush.
5. Thursday-4.8 Easy-medium pace. Eek! This workout was done after work. It was rough, but so worth it. Average pace: 10 min/mile
Total Mileage: 15.34 miles
Summary: I think it was a pretty good week in spite of the hiccup with my ankle and not getting more mileage in… but I AM getting better at waking up in the morning! And I am feeling stronger every day.
Goals for next week: I still need to get those miles up!
How was your fitness this week? Let me know!
Until next time…Happy Running!