20 ThingsPosted: December 27, 2012
I’ll keep this to the point. My #elf4health task for today is to make a list of things I’m grateful for…twenty to be exact. So here goes nothin’!
1. My parents. They are so different, but they have taught me so many things in their own way. I wouldn’t be who I am today without them. One is quiet and soft-spoken, the other is loud and forceful… I’m a mix of both.
2. My job. I know this is cliché, but there are so many people who don’t have work right now. I am so blessed to have a job and to be able to make a living.
3. My health. Another cliché, but there are so many out there who are not well. I’ve been blessed with a healthy body, mind and soul.
4. My faith. God has a wonderful sense of humor, something he reveals to me all the time. I’m still learning to follow His plan, and I am enjoying the peace and joy that happens when I do!
5. My brother and sisters. They may drive me crazy at times, but we get each other so well. I love that we understand what one of us is saying just by hearing a word or two. I love that we all look alike but don’t at the same time and I love that we’ve been through so much together and have each other’s back.
6. The past. And more of the past. Everything happens for a reason. People come into your life for a season and then…they leave. It doesn’t make sense at the time, but when you are living in that moment, it was exactly what you needed. Things change, people change. I’m so glad life happened and I am so glad it’s done. I learned so much about life, love and giving your all. But I also learned what I’m worth and found inner strength.
7. Farmer Ben. I love my husband so much. I’m so blessed, each and every day.
8. The ability to cook. And a hubby who gardens. It really scares me that I know so many people who have no idea how to cook. Not everything can come out of a box or a can. I’m glad that I am able to take real, whole foods and prepare them in all sorts of delicious manners.
9. Books. I love to read. I love how much I have learned from reading and how my imagination has grown from all the books I’ve read.
10. Music. I love to sing, I love learning a new piece and getting lost in the feel of the song. I love all kinds of music and being transported to a different time and place because of a certain harmony, note or riff.
11. Coffee. I don’t really remember exactly when I started drinking coffee… but I’ve learned to enjoy it. And I am thankful for it. Yum.
12. Eggs. They are so versatile and are delicious no matter how they are prepared.
13. Running. My therapy. I’d go crazy if I didn’t run.
14. Law & Order SVU. I don’t watch a lot of tv. Ben and I didn’t even have a tv in the apartment until a few weeks ago. We still don’t have cable. But when I do get in some tube time, I almost always watch Law & Order SVU. Quality television.
15. My friends… they rock. I love them.
16. This blog. I am so happy I have this little corner of the web to express all of my deepest thoughts and feelings. And that people actually read them.
17. Big comfy sweats. I have this pair of black sweatpants… I have mentioned them before. I don’t think I could ever part with them.
18. Clean water. It’s not something I often think about, but we are so blessed to have clean drinking water…and shower water…and just…water.
19. (Good) Wine and beer. There is nothing like a good red zin or a whiskey porter shared with your closest friends or handsome hubby. Bonus points if you add cheese.
20. A sense of humor. I’m the funniest person I know… at least I think so.
21. The ability to rock red lipstick. No big deal.
I’m very blessed. This was a great reminder of how much good I have going in my life. Great challenge, Elle and Lindsay!
What are you thankful for today and every day?