Notes to Self for Friday…Posted: December 28, 2012 | |
It’s going to be a busy weekend… Here is a look at what’s going on in my brain:
1. This is one of the most unproductive work weeks I’ve had in a long time…which doesn’t make sense because it’s also been one of the quietest.
2. My body is so confused from all of the crazy things I’ve eaten lately. Weird things are happening. Oy Vey!
3. There is so much snow!!! Finally…
4. The snow isn’t so bad, but all the wind is killing me!
5. I’m craving more of this granola. Quinoa…cocoa nibs.. pistachios. So good. Make it!
6. In case you’re behind on the blog, here is what you’ve missed:
- Hubby turned 30.
- I can’t wear skinny jeans. True Story.
- I got a new ‘do. Thanks Lianna!
- FB and I did the Daniel Fast for three weeks.
- Here is what we ate.
- I made some quinoa granola. See number 5.
- I blogged about one of my #elf4health challenges-3 things I truly love about myself.
- Then I blogged about another #elf4health challenge-20 things I’m thankful for.
7. I’m still working on the last Daniel Fast post… it’s coming soon!
8. I also still owe you a post on the Food Experiments Championship and the rest of Farmer Ben’s birthday! Stay tuned.
9. I can’t believe 2012 is coming to an end. What a year.
10. I also can’t believe that Dick Clark won’t be around to ring in 2013. How sad.
11. I can’t participate in today’s #elf4health challenge because I don’t own a microwave. Bummer.
12. On second thought… I’m okay with that.
13. I have a really bad habit of putting my foot in my mouth. Not good.
14. I impulsively bought Taylor Swift’s Red cd at Starbucks yesterday. I’ve been jamming out in the car ever since. Latest guilty pleasure? Yes. Am I ashamed? Not at all.
14a. Where was this in 2009 when I so desperately needed it?!
15. One of my Christmas presents was a giant bag of pistachios. Probably my favorite gift. #nuts4nuts. See number 5… I hope you’re getting the point!
16. I know that I caved and joined Twitter (@noellesnotebook)…but I still don’t get the hashtag thing. How do I know if I’m doing it right?! This is the stuff that keeps me awake at night.
17. I have so much to do in the next few weeks. I can’t even deal.
18. I’ve been really bad about logging on myfitnesspal lately. I’d appreciate some help-add me! nre820
19. Looking outside is really discouraging the running part of my brain.
20. My body is really mad at me for being a bum about running lately. Vicious Cycle.
21. 1 Corinthians 13 has been all over my brain lately. There needs to be more love in this world. Seriously. I’ve been keeping these words close to my heart and whispering them to myself when things have been tough.
22. After spending a couple of days in Boston for Christmas, I’ve come to realize that my two teenage cousins are way cooler than me.
23. They also make me feel old.
24. Farmer Ben and I had a wonderful heart to heart on Wednesday night. One of the many reasons why I love this man.
25. Shout out to my friend NM. Your email made me smile and I am so glad things are looking up. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. 2013 is going to be your year. Red lipstick and all.