Five Things: Rochester EditionPosted: January 20, 2018
I figured it was high time for another blog post. Two posts already in 2018? I’m on a roll! As you may have noticed, my content has changed a bit… will it be like this forever? I don’t know, but we are going to roll with it…so thanks for sticking around as I figure out what this blog will look like in the future!
Today, we’re going to have some fun!
As Farmer Ben and I have settled into our new home, there are a few things that I already love about living here. So, I thought I’d share them with y’all!
1. Favorite Restaurant-Cedar’s Mediterranean: A friend introduced me to this place. At first look, it doesn’t look like much but this place has some of the best Lebanese/Mediterranean food AND it’s on the cheap! The staff is incredibly attentive and the food is fresh. The Baba ghanouj is hands down the best I’ve ever had, especially paired with homemade pita bread, served warm. Ben and have made this place a regular dinner spot.
2. Favorite New Find-The library. I love books and reading. I’m not sure why it took us so long to check out the library but I am so glad we finally did. When you walk in, you are instantly greeted by the smell of coffee. There is a small self-serve coffee station (supplied by a local cafe…and it’s all $1!) next to the entrance. If you keep walking past the front desk and all the way to the back, there is a fireplace with comfortable chairs in front of it. I’m thinking this is going to become my new favorite place to work.
3. Favorite Place to Shop-Wegman’s: This is really a no-brainer. If you’re a long time reader, you know that my love for this grocery store runs deep. But living right down the road? It’s awesome. Ben and I are still learning the layout, but we love it. Typically if we go shopping in the morning, I’ll sneak over to the cafe and grab a coffee to have while we shop. Win-win!
4. Favorite Routine-Morning: I touched on this in my last post but I am digging my morning ritual as of late. I am definitely NOT a morning person… But, with my flexible schedule, I’ve been able to establish a new routine and I have to say, I love it…mostly because I take my time instead of rushing around. I usually wake up, turn on the diffuser (I’m currently loving the combo of Young Living En-R-Gee and Pine) and make breakfast. Then I’ll sit down, eat and drink some coffee and read for a bit before getting into work/errands. While super simple, this really helps me stay grounded as I head into my day. So…while mornings are still not my favorite (I’m a forever night-owl), I am enjoying this slow season.
5. Favorite New Movie/Soundtrack-The Greatest Showman: Ben and I went to see this a couple of weeks ago and I am obsessed! I know that this is a wildly inaccurate depiction of PT Barnum’s life but it is such a feel good movie! I’ve been listening to the soundtrack non-stop and am fairly certain ALL of the songs are going on my workout playlist and we are definitely buying this movie because who doesn’t love a good musical? Am I right?! If you haven’t seen this, go, NOW!
So that’s it! These are some of my current favorite things!
What about you?! Do you have a new favorite restaurant or movie? What do your mornings look like?