My sister took this little gem over the weekend. She wanted a picture of my brother wearing that shirt….I seized the opportunity.
Photo-bombing lesson: The element of surprise is key.
Any words of wisdom to fellow photo-ruiners?
Remember how I opened up to you about my struggle with skinny jeans?
Folks, my sister found a pair that fits me! She and her hubs are up visiting and she brought a pair to prove to me that, there are in fact, skinny jeans I can wear.
You win, this time, Meghan.
For those interested, these are from Kohl’s.
Miracle? Plain luck? We don’t know.
What is your biggest issue finding pants? Favorite brand of skinny jeans?</strong>
I’ve never done one of these before, but I stumbled on Olive To Run’s Post and figured I’d give it a try…
Anyway, let’s get started!
1. Would you rather… Be dressed up like a Zombie for a race OR be chased by a Zombie during a race?
Hmm… I’d say be chased, it just seems like it would be absolutely hysterical! There is a run in October at a local farm where people chase you around on horseback and try to “capture” you…think flag football, with a monster twist… I think it’s on the race docket this year!
2. Would you rather… train with Chuck Norris or train with Arnold Schwarzenegger?
Chuck Norris, obviously.
3. Would you rather…Get stuck in an elevator after a race with other people and have to pee or get stuck in a port-a-potty at your race?
As weak as my stomach is around poo/vomit? I’d say get stuck in an elevator, I’d just make everyone turn around.
4. Would you rather… drink milk as you run your race or drink soda/pop?
Barf… gah… I don’t know… I’d say milk for the electrolytes and protein, I suppose.
5. Would you rather… puke all the way down the front of yourself during a race or have someone ELSE puke on your foot?
Honestly, I’d say someone puke on my foot… At least I can rinse it off with some water…I don’t think I could take the smell of vomit all down my front!
6. Would you rather… be three feet taller than you currently are or three feet shorter than you currently are?
Three feet taller… I’m only 5′ 4″!
7. Would you rather… sing call me maybe on repeat during a race OR do the Macarena the entire race?
Call Me, Maybe. No contest.
Confession: I listen to the Carly Rae Jepsen station on Pandora during a lot of my long runs. Don’t judge!
8. Would you rather… have someone’s snot rocket hit you in the face or someone’s blood from chaffing hit you in the face?
Snot Rocket… I’m not good with blood.
9. Would you rather… receive a beautiful, shiny medal at the end of your race OR have the race organizers donate $100 to a charity after you finish a race?
Charity! As much as I love runner swag, I’d rather have the money go to someone who needs it, especially after planning a charity run and knowing what goes into it.
10. Would you rather… “hit the wall” halfway through your race distance and struggle the rest of the way OR get close to the end feeling great the whole time but end up having to DNF?
Funny, I was actually jus thinking about this the other day… I’d say hit the wall… as painful as it would be, the feeling of accomplishment after would be worth it.
Thanks to Cori for this fun survey!
What about you?! What are you best “would you rather…” questions?
This weekend went by entirely too fast… that seems to be the story of my life for the month of August… So, here’s a random update, Noelle’s Notebook style….
We found this little guy in the pumpkins on Sunday. He even held a pose for me!
Speaking of the garden, you’ll be happy to know that I’m still on my giant salad kick.
I bought a bathing suit this weekend for the first time in about 2 years…it was on super sale. I also bought a cute summery dress. Yay for end of season savings!
I got a grand total of 12 hours of sleep between Saturday and Monday morning (between a bachelorette party, long run, church, work and watching old movies). This makes for a very grumpy Noelle…my apologies.
In spite of a serious lack of sleep, I managed to come into work very early yesterday … I broke my streak of not buying coffee and treated myself to Starbucks during lunch. Unfortunately they messed up my order. S-Bux FAIL.
I tried to get up early and run THIS morning…but I failed miserably and hit the snooze button a few more times than necessary. This means that I will have to go for a run tonight when I get out of work…oops.
Also, PSA Time: PLEASE Pay attention to the road when you are driving. I was almost in a major accident yesterday because of someone not paying attention.
Allow me to explain;
My company is located on a pretty busy road, the highway entrances/exits, 3 gas stations, the state police station and an airport are less than a mile down the road in either direction, along with several businesses.
I was coming back from lunch and put my signal on to turn left into the parking lot. There was on-coming traffic. As I am waiting to turn, I see a car speeding up behind me…my car is obviously not moving and the other car was NOT slowing down. Unfortunately, there were still cars coming and I was starting to get very nervous because I had nowhere to go.
Long story short, the other car got very close (to the point that I could see the driver’s face in my rearview mirror!) before the driver slammed on the brakes. To–BARELY–avoid hitting me, she had to veer to the right (cars were still coming the other direction). She hit the brakes so hard that she not only went completely off the road into the grass, but she also spun completely around. I was able to turn at the last possible second and pulled into the parking lot (I HAD to get off the road).
I stopped to make sure the other driver was okay and what did I see? She pulled back onto the road and sped away–without even looking to see if there were any cars coming…SERIOUSLY?!
Anyway, I don’t know what she was doing, but again, PLEASE pay attention to the road. IF not for your own safety, then for others on the road.
On a brighter note, some really great things are happening lately!
1. I signed up for August’s Foodie Penpals after taking a long hiatus and I am pretty pumped. I got two awesome match-ups.
2. I had a really honest and encouraging email discussion with a company that makes a running fuel. I learned a lot of interesting information about the manufacturing process and was able to give them some feedback.
2a. I ordered a sample pack of this product to try…it should be here soon…can’t wait to try it on this weekend’s long run! I’ll be sure to let you know how I like it.
3. I won a giveaway! I NEVER win anything so you can imagine that I was not only shocked, but pretty darn excited! Brittany was hosting a Simone France giveaway and I entered on a whim…so glad I did!
4. The hubs and I went on a late night Price Chopper run… we picked up the essentials: Annie’s Mac & Cheese (there was a 10 for $10 sale!), Chipotle Tabasco sauce and cottage cheese (Tabasco, cottage cheese and black pepper is one of my favorite snacks in the world).
5. This weekend is my 20-miler! Yes, I’m a little nervous…but I feel ready.
6. Speaking of running, my foot and tendon pain have almost disappeared. I still notice it if I have a super busy night at the restaurant, but otherwise, my feet are feeling pretty good.
7. Next week the hubs and I celebrate 2 years of marriage. Time flies!
8. Our dear friends are tying the knot on the 24th. I am so excited to share in their special day…AND to show you what they chose for a wedding dessert.
9. One of my sisters will be in town next week. HOLLA!
10. We have tomatoes… Another week and they will be coming out of our eyeballs. I CANNOT WAIT! This is not one of our tomatoes, but ours are/will be similar
11. Fun fact: I am currently the same weight that I was my junior year of high school…weird.
What are you up to this week? Ever won a giveaway? Favorite wedding dessert? Worst driving pet peeve? How about your favorite snack?
Remember how someone asked me that question about a month ago? You know, THAT question?
Well, guess what.
No, I’m still not pregnant.
But it happened again. No, I’m not kidding.
I wish I was.
The thing that I find incredibly unsettling? It was an assumption. No question.
Farmer Ben and I are sitting in church, our pastor signals that it’s time to say good morning and say “hello” to those around us.
We turn around to an older couple who sits behind us every Sunday.
We say good morning.
The wife, a sweet older lady, takes a hold of my hands and says “By the way, congratulations.”
Farmer Ben and I respond, “What? Congratulations on what?”
“On the baby! Congratulations on the baby! How exciting!” she said.
Our jaws dropped.
“Um… pardon? We’re not expecting. No…no.”
Similarly to the first time this happened, there was an awkward pause. And then profuse apologies.
Ben and I quickly turned back around. I whispered in his ear, “Someone started a rumor. And I am NOT happy about it.”
So, I ask you, how do I respond to this? Should I just do nothing? Should I laugh it off? How would you react?
I am at a loss.
I can’t function today.
Let’s be real, I can’t function this week.
I am a hot mess. Scratch that… I am THE Hot Mess.
The last 24 hours have been full of bruises, spills, and mishaps.
I have managed to do the following:
- Bang my head on a countertop and now have a lovely giant bump on my forehead.
- Run into a desk, leaving a nice thigh bruise.
- Bang my arm against a shelf, another bruise.
- Spill soup
- Almost drop a tray of food
- Spill a container of ketchup.
- Get a teeny tiny, miniscule shard of glass in my foot while getting ready for work (how does that even happen?!) …and then spend ten minutes trying to get it out with a pair of tweezers…
And for the grand finale?
During lunch, I was opening a bottle of delicious (homemade) roasted garlic vinaigrette to pair with my giant salad… and well, instead of dressing my greens, I managed to violently spill half the bottle all over my desk, my phone, my chair, the floor (carpet) and my pants in the process.
Is this real life?
Anyway, I happened to have an extra pair of pants in my bag…otherwise, it would have been a rough rest of the day..
So… I’m rocking jeans at work….sigh.
Is it Friday yet?
What are some of your hot mess moments? Are you having a better week than me?
So, you probably know that I am semi-obsessive about reading ingredient labels and doing research on food…
You may not know that I don’t much pay attention to the actual nutrition label: fat content, carbs, etc.–unless it’s the vitamins and minerals portion–Instead, I try to eat whole foods, meaning that I try to know exactly where my food came from and exactly what I’m eating.
In the summer, most of our meals come straight from the garden.
Don’t get me wrong, I still eat cheeseburgers and drink a beer now and then, but I pay attention to where it’s coming from. This doesn’t mean I have free reign, and I try to eat what’s best for my body…it’s about balance… you get my drift.
So allow me to vent for a moment…
I work with mostly males at both of my jobs.
Needless to say, the girls are a pretty close-knit group in both places, so as you can imagine I
always sometimes notice what they eat. I also know when one of them is looking to lose a few pounds.
There are two women in particular that seem to be on the diet cycle at one point or another (also, can we talk about how I hate the word diet?). Because I am “healthy,” they’ll talk to me about what I eat–mostly because, I’ve managed to lose a few pounds.
I always tell them the same things; stay away from diet anything, use real ingredients, don’t buy pre-packaged items, cook at home, you get the idea.
They nod their heads in agreement.
But then… I see what they’re eating.
One of them drinks a daily Slim-Fast, eats a fat-free yogurt chock-full of fake sugar and artificial flavors and then goes out for fried food on Fridays. This makes me want to bang my head against the wall.
The other visits the vending machine for a bear claw. FROM THE VENDING MACHINE! It probably doesn’t even taste that good…but the thing that really kills me? It’s not once or twice a week, but EVERY DAY. EVERY SINGLE DAY!
And then… they wonder why they don’t feel good…why they’re tired, why their clothes don’t fit.
Call me crazy, but eating a giant fried pastry everyday can’t be good for you.
Again, I do not claim to be an expert in this area, and I am far from perfect. But I’ve found that eating well works. Period. I don’t eat well 100% of the time, but I do more often than not… I’m not a size 4, but I’m healthy.
Seeing this constant food craziness gets to me.
What are some of your “diet” pet peeves?