1. I really want T. Swift’s new album. Lyrical Genius. Should I be embarrassed by this?
2. Where was this album in 2009 when I really needed it?!
3. I love apples. And apple cider donuts. And apple cake. And pie … and… apples.
4. I had forgotten how much I enjoy eating toast with cream cheese and strawberry jam. Yum!
5. Does it make me a bad person if I change the radio station every time a song that features a gospel choir or kids singing comes on? It’s one thing if it’s, you know, a gospel concert or a kids’ chorus… but otherwise… such a gimmick! Come up with better material!
6. This happened on my way to work this morning…sigh.
7. Dear Old Navy, why is it that I’m down three sizes in every other brand of pants I try on, but I am only down one/still the same size in your pants? How does this make sense?!
8. Dear Size 8 (Except at Old Navy), it’s been a long time. I think we’ll stay friends for a while.
9. I need to make these soon.
10. Our fridge/freezer are currently stocked with butter and cream cheese. Life is as it should be and it’s time to do some baking. (Hello Pies!)
11. Speaking of pie, it’s time to make some of these little beauties.
12. Farmer Ben, I love that we’ve been getting in some runs together. You don’t know how happy this makes me…even if I did almost fall on my face last night.
14. I had forgotten how much I enjoy Sam’s Cherry Wheat. Phew!
15. Judging by most of these notes, it’s a good thing that I’ve been running lately!
16. How is Thanksgiving only a week and two days away?!
17. I cannot wait to try a spin class this week.
18. Habanero Hot Sauce made by Farmer Ben makes me happy…but it also makes my lips burn and my brow sweat. I guess it’s true that love hurts.
19. Cottage Cheese + Habanero Hot Sauce=True Love Forever.
20. I clearly haven’t had enough coffee today.
21. I can’t wait to run tonight. It’s going to be a late one, but worth it.
22. Anyone have any challenges/new adventures for me? See this post for more info.
23. Happy Tuesday!
13. Did anyone else notice that I skipped number 13? Oops!
I’ve been eating a lot of delicious food lately. Seriously.
I would call it major (over) indulgence on my part…but then I would feel guilty…
Anyway, I’ve been holding out on you… The hubby and I have done some cooking. Like this delicious macaroni and cheese, complete with jalapenos and caramelized onions.
While I was in DC, I ate some seriously good food. Like the Pesto Burger from Silver Diner.
Silver Diner is a 50’s style diner, jukeboxes on every table and really great staff. Seriously, I don’t think I have ever been into one and had an unhappy server. One thing that I love is that in the last few years they have gone local. They also try to do organic/minimally processed foods, making everything super delicious.
My first night in DC, I knew we had to go. So we went. And I ordered this burger. Pesto. Goat Cheese. Roasted Red Peppers. Grass-fed beef. I couldn’t resist.
I also had to have lunch at Potbelly… we don’t have any in Plattsburgh, so I HAD to go…and eat a lot of processed meat. Yum! If you’ve never been to one, please go. Now.
There were a couple of other places that I revisited/had delicious meals at …but I didn’t get photos.
That’s one thing I really miss about living in DC, so many wonderful places to eat for whatever your mood.
But then I remember that I am married to a chef, who makes me things like Birthday Paella (complete with chicken, shrimp and cod) in a flash…
And takes me out for an apple cider margarita at one of our favorite restaurants (and they use our favorite local cider)….
And allows himself to be dragged apple picking on the last day of apple picking season…and then goes a little apple crazy, resulting in this….
But it’s fine because I know we’ll use them…
And lastly, he makes homemade ravioli. With local flour, squash, butter, cider, shallots…you get the picture.
I guess I don’t need to live in a big city to eat well. I just need to run…everywhere… and then run some more.
So yeah, that’s what’s been happening on the road/in the kitchen. Any recipe requests?
What’s going on in your kitchen? Or at your favorite restaurant?