I’m in an incredibly good mood today. Why?
The sun is shining.
It’s turning out to be a pretty nice day.
I finished last night’s run before it was completely dark out. That hasn’t happened in a long time. Spring is coming!
Spinach Soup for lunch. This stuff is so good and so good for you! I used Joy the Baker’s recipe, with a few tweaks (white potatoes, veggie stock and chili powder to start).
The hubby is at home, on his day off, cooking and baking bread. I cannot wait to go home and try everything!
We’ve decided to do a dairy CSA Share. Hello fresh milk in glass bottles! Homemade butter and cheese are going to happen!!! I’m super excited. I’ll give you details in a separate post.
I signed up for a couple more (free!) online classes, it’s definitely going to be year of learning! If you haven’t checked Coursera out, do it now!
I got an awesome pair of compression socks (the kind that go up to your knees!) as a gift last night…. perfect timing. I was pumped.
I also got these beauties.
Both are made in the USA and made with sustainable products. Love this. Here is the website for more info.
I also got an awesome print of a photograph taken by my super talented aunt…which I didn’t take a picture of. Can’t wait to hang it up!
Anyway, like I said. I’m feeling pretty blessed today. Life is good and I am happy for so many reasons.
What brings a smile to your face? Tell me about it!
1. I really want T. Swift’s new album. Lyrical Genius. Should I be embarrassed by this?
2. Where was this album in 2009 when I really needed it?!
3. I love apples. And apple cider donuts. And apple cake. And pie … and… apples.
4. I had forgotten how much I enjoy eating toast with cream cheese and strawberry jam. Yum!
5. Does it make me a bad person if I change the radio station every time a song that features a gospel choir or kids singing comes on? It’s one thing if it’s, you know, a gospel concert or a kids’ chorus… but otherwise… such a gimmick! Come up with better material!
6. This happened on my way to work this morning…sigh.
7. Dear Old Navy, why is it that I’m down three sizes in every other brand of pants I try on, but I am only down one/still the same size in your pants? How does this make sense?!
8. Dear Size 8 (Except at Old Navy), it’s been a long time. I think we’ll stay friends for a while.
9. I need to make these soon.
10. Our fridge/freezer are currently stocked with butter and cream cheese. Life is as it should be and it’s time to do some baking. (Hello Pies!)
11. Speaking of pie, it’s time to make some of these little beauties.
12. Farmer Ben, I love that we’ve been getting in some runs together. You don’t know how happy this makes me…even if I did almost fall on my face last night.
14. I had forgotten how much I enjoy Sam’s Cherry Wheat. Phew!
15. Judging by most of these notes, it’s a good thing that I’ve been running lately!
16. How is Thanksgiving only a week and two days away?!
17. I cannot wait to try a spin class this week.
18. Habanero Hot Sauce made by Farmer Ben makes me happy…but it also makes my lips burn and my brow sweat. I guess it’s true that love hurts.
19. Cottage Cheese + Habanero Hot Sauce=True Love Forever.
20. I clearly haven’t had enough coffee today.
21. I can’t wait to run tonight. It’s going to be a late one, but worth it.
22. Anyone have any challenges/new adventures for me? See this post for more info.
23. Happy Tuesday!
13. Did anyone else notice that I skipped number 13? Oops!
Can I just say that the last place I wanted to be today was at work? Is that wrong? Probably. I much rather be driving around blasting country music and singing along at the top of my lungs… Or at home with Benjamin, baking up something fabulous, maybe enjoying a PBR… Or out running and getting lost in the thick fog that seems to have taken over the North Country.
I don’t know if it’s this time of year or if it’s just been a crazy week, but I am mentally checking out. The to-do stack on my desk is getting pretty big, and seems to double whenever I move something to the “Completed” stack. And there is no sign of it slowing down.
This morning was a bit rough and the day seems to be dragging on…but that is probably because I have some pretty awesome plans for later…no big deal. The hubs and I had our usual Wednesday lunch date and now I am anxiously watching the clock to make sure everything goes off without a hitch… it’s torture.
Besides the evening plans, there are a few other things on my mind.
- Lentils. I absolutely love lentils. Especially when topped with a fried egg, Parmesan cheese and a few slices of avocado. They rock my world. Dinner tomorrow. It’s happening.
- This macaroni and cheese. I am making this for some friends of mine. So easy to make and absolute heaven. I used Cabot/McAdam Jack & Cheddar. Only the best.
- Sweet Potato Fudge. I usually am NOT a fan of white chocolate, but the sweet potato aspect is really grabbing my attention, I may need to substitute some dark chocolate…
- Chocolate Beer Cupcakes with Irish Whiskey Buttercream . This looks awesome. I am a huge fan of beer flavored chocolate cakes. I definitely need to make these sometime. It looks like they can also be made gluten-free! I may have to make it this way and then try it with regular butter and milk, just for fun, either way, these are going to happen in my kitchen.
- Quinoa Patties. These are so easy to make and so good. Please try them.
- My husband’s birthday. Ben is turning 29 this weekend. I know he’s working all day, but I am so excited to celebrate as a married couple. So corny, I know. I am currently try to come up with something good. He snooped through the box that contained his present… accidentally-the stinker! Now I am scheming for some sort of surprise. More on that later.
- Christmas. I never used to like Christmas but the last few years have really opened me up to it. I’ve been very blessed and I love to share that with the people I love. The major lack of snow is a bit weird for this time of year, but I am soaking up all the merriment, regardless (If you still have shopping to do, check out my previous post for an awesome gift idea!).
- Measuring Spoons. Okay, maybe it’s only hilarious to me, but Ben and I always put the measuring spoons back in different drawers. It drives me absolutely batty.
- The stack on my desk that’s not disappearing….
… Time to go! Until next time!