Hi Friends! It’s been a hot second since my last post. Life has been…. kind of a beautiful mess!
The truth is that I am exhausted. The last month has been a total whirlwind and most days I am not entirely sure which way is up. If I don’t write something down, I don’t remember it.
As an example, about two weeks ago (Maybe?) I had a meeting on a Monday and didn’t realize that I had completely forgotten about it and not shown up until Thursday. Oops. Luckily, I was able to reschedule.
I’ve been so busy that I didn’t post anything on Instagram for 3 WEEKS! If you know me, you know that I typically post about once a day!
Also, the blog turned 4 years old a couple of weeks ago! I had been thinking of doing a sappy throwback post with a lot of fanfare…and then I completely missed it… so thank you to everyone who keeps reading! Moving on…
In other news, Ben and I are adjusting to a new schedule as he started a new job a few weeks ago and I am still trying to figure out balancing schoolwork and adulting. Most days, I am usually up until about 2 am doing homework. Needless to say, this month has required a lot of prayer, patience and coffee (mostly on Farmer Ben’s part-#besthubsever).
But even with all of the hustle and bustle and adulting failure, life is good and Ben and I have so much to be thankful for.
Life is SO good!
Ben and I took a quick trip down to see the family for Thanksgiving. (We drove down Wednesday after work and drove back on Thursday night). Yes, it was a lot of driving but Farmer Ben is probably the best
car dancer road trip partner on the planet so we had a blast.
I spent a large portion of the trip scanning radio stations (I know, I’m incredibly behind the times) so I could belt out Adele’s “Hello” while speeding down the highway, eating Trader Joe’s chocolate almonds and drinking coffee like a champ!
The highlight of our trip was going to Wegmans on Thanksgiving day and
completely blowing our grocery budget on beer and cheese buying some awesome foodie things that we may not be able to get at home.
Just kidding! While this beer and Wegmans brie are both wonderful treats, it was even better to spend time with the family….especially because I finally got to meet my beautiful niece! Her name is Olivia and she is perfect!
She already looks so much like my sister! (Side note: Can we talk about how good my sister looks after delivering a human baby three weeks ago?!) It’s crazy….strong genes! It was awesome to see the rest of the family as well… I always hate to leave!
Since being home, I’ve been going pretty much nonstop but I am thankful that I am able to do what I do.
Phew… this was an incredibly random post! I had something much deeper planned when I first started typing and…well, clearly that didn’t happen. Next time friends!
Let’s catch up! How was Thanksgiving? Favorite road trip snack? What’s your favorite foodie item/beer?
Also, linking up with Amanda at Running With Spoons for today’s Thinking Out Loud Post….check out some of the other posts! Thanks for hosting the link-up!
Hope you all had a great weekend, I certainly did!
I snuck away to visit the family in Horseheads, NY and let me say, it was so fun (even though Farmer Ben was missing)!
Anyway, here is a brief peek inside my trip… I was a terrible blogger and didn’t take as many pictures as I should have.
I did manage to remember to take pictures at the Horseheads Brewing Co., great beers, great staff. If you are in the area, try the ” hot chocolate,” a mix of their jalapeño ale and chocolate porter!
That’s all for today! Enjoy!
Dinner and dessert, my brother-in-law’s latest craft-cigar box guitars!, Horseheads brewing company randoms and more eats.
Good morning, Friends!
I’m currently on a bus en route to New York. We’ve been up since 3:30 this morning, but it’s all for a good cause. I love my hubs!
Tomorrow is Farmer Ben’s 30th birthday. A day that calls for major celebration!
The hubs and I are headed to the Brooklyn Brewery to take in the food, people and beer of the Food Experiments Championship!
To be honest, finding out about this event was a complete accident but I knew as soon as I found out that Ben would love it!
So off we go. Tomorrow we have a date with the Rockettes and then an even hotter date with the Katz Deli.
Here’s to a wonderfully adventurous and delicious two days!
Oh. Also, I caved and joined twitter… find me @noellesnotebook!
Happy Triple 12 day!
How cool is that? Pretty stinkin’ cool, in my opinion.
It’s also a very special lady’s birthday today. Her name is Vera.
Happy birthday, Mom! I won’t tell the whole world how old you are… because I’m a lady. And so are you. I will say that you look pretty darn good for your age!
Enjoy your day and here’s to the best year yet!
In other news:
Happy belated birthday to my dear friend Melissa-and another huge congratulations to you and Jeff on your engagement. I am so excited and happy for you both!
Happy early birthday to my awesome brother-in-law, Elliot! Your card is going to be late. And so will your present.
Hubby is hitting a milestone on Monday. We’ll be celebrating his day in NYC for some foodie and beer awesomeness. We cannot wait. I’ll be taking lots of pictures…as long as my phone doesn’t decide to stop working like it has been.
I apologize for the brief interruption of your regularly scheduled blog posts… I’ve been really busy at work, gotten a horrible cold, caught a really bad stomach bug and had some technology issues (see above note about my phone). But I am working on some really good stuff and I have so much to fill you in on-more challenges, #elf4health, goals for next year, Christmas, food goodness, Farmer Ben’s birthday extravaganza and more!
Happy Hump Day!
1. I really want T. Swift’s new album. Lyrical Genius. Should I be embarrassed by this?
2. Where was this album in 2009 when I really needed it?!
3. I love apples. And apple cider donuts. And apple cake. And pie … and… apples.
4. I had forgotten how much I enjoy eating toast with cream cheese and strawberry jam. Yum!
5. Does it make me a bad person if I change the radio station every time a song that features a gospel choir or kids singing comes on? It’s one thing if it’s, you know, a gospel concert or a kids’ chorus… but otherwise… such a gimmick! Come up with better material!
6. This happened on my way to work this morning…sigh.
7. Dear Old Navy, why is it that I’m down three sizes in every other brand of pants I try on, but I am only down one/still the same size in your pants? How does this make sense?!
8. Dear Size 8 (Except at Old Navy), it’s been a long time. I think we’ll stay friends for a while.
9. I need to make these soon.
10. Our fridge/freezer are currently stocked with butter and cream cheese. Life is as it should be and it’s time to do some baking. (Hello Pies!)
11. Speaking of pie, it’s time to make some of these little beauties.
12. Farmer Ben, I love that we’ve been getting in some runs together. You don’t know how happy this makes me…even if I did almost fall on my face last night.
14. I had forgotten how much I enjoy Sam’s Cherry Wheat. Phew!
15. Judging by most of these notes, it’s a good thing that I’ve been running lately!
16. How is Thanksgiving only a week and two days away?!
17. I cannot wait to try a spin class this week.
18. Habanero Hot Sauce made by Farmer Ben makes me happy…but it also makes my lips burn and my brow sweat. I guess it’s true that love hurts.
19. Cottage Cheese + Habanero Hot Sauce=True Love Forever.
20. I clearly haven’t had enough coffee today.
21. I can’t wait to run tonight. It’s going to be a late one, but worth it.
22. Anyone have any challenges/new adventures for me? See this post for more info.
23. Happy Tuesday!
13. Did anyone else notice that I skipped number 13? Oops!
Is a burger and a beer. What foods are you craving right now?
I know a just did a post about the Farmhouse Tap & Grill, but seriously. Go there. This is their handiwork. I dream about this burger.
Have a great day, everyone!
The last couple of weeks have completely passed me by. So, here I am, a couple of weeks late, posting about the amazing brunch that Ben and I enjoyed together at one of our favorite places.
Two Saturdays ago, Ben let me sleep in til around 9:30 and then whisked me off to Burlington, where we had brunch at the Farmhouse Tap & Grill. The FTG is located at 160 Bank Street-an ideal location as it is right off of Church Street, perfect if you are doing some shopping/exploring, but still off of the “main drag.”
April 28 & 29 was their first time doing brunch and we arrived just in time. Within 15 minutes of ordering our meal, the restaurant was full. As it was brunch,we skipped the beer and opted for delicious coffee instead. The best part? We never had to ask for a refill on our coffee or water. This was huge. Bravo, FTG!
I ordered the House Bennies with cottage bacon, which came with a tasty salad and Ben got the Farmhouse Breakfast Plate with veggie sausage. We also split an order of mini blueberry corn muffins.
Everything was fantastic, from the still warm muffins to the crispy hash browns and bacon to the fluffy biscuit. Holy Yum!
Another thing I loved? Instead of focusing on enormous portions, they focused on a quality meal, Ben and I were both full, but not so full that we couldn’t spend the rest of the day perusing Church Street.
They also have a killer lunch and dinner menu and a beer garden for warm weather. The burgers make my heart sing.
The FTG also works within the community to bring local food and farming to the area… Obviously, I love this.
Per usual, the Farmhouse was outstanding. If you are ever in Burlington, you must try this place!