Okay…I need to clear something up. Apparently one of my posts from last week caused quite a stir (as evidenced by my phone blowing up with texts and Facebook messages), so I have some explaining to do. I’m sorry I didn’t elaborate sooner, it just wasn’t the right time to do so yet.
Ben and I are having a baby. No. Totally kidding. We are, however, embarking on a new adventure.
Ben is starting as head chef at a new restaurant…it’s such a great opportunity for him and I am so excited and proud of him! Again, it wasn’t exactly expected, everything just sort of fell into place.
We’re also making plans for the next step/adventure. Those details are still a little foggy.
Now that that is cleared up (phew!), there are a few other things I am super excited and/or happy about.
- The restaurant I work at in the summer is finally open! It’s gotten a much-needed facelift, an updated menu and a super talented chef (see above). I am really excited to be working there again and seeing all of my regulars. It’s going to be a great summer!
- I sent out my foodie pen pal package! I can’t wait for Lauri in Texas to get her box full of Upstate NY/VT goodies!
- I should be getting my foodie package soon! I looooooooove mail!
- The Farmers’ Market is finally opening for the season!
- We have corn coming up in our garden. And beans. And lettuce!
- My friend Angela just moved to the area! We had dinner on Monday…I am so excited to hang out with her more.
- I had a great conversation with my friend Christina on Tuesday. I love knowing that my friends are doing well!
- I had a run/dinner/girls’ night with my friends Nessa and Tina. I am so social lately!
- It’s finally starting to feel like spring!
- I just noticed that I have used an exclamation point in every single bullet! !!!
- I got in a great walk at lunch today and am just itching to get out and run!
One last thing.
Happy belated birthday (it was yesterday…oops.) to my amazing Aunt Rayna! You are such a wonderful lady and an inspiration! Here’s to many more!
Over and out.
Something happened yesterday. Although it wasn’t a complete surprise, I was still a bit speechless when all was said and done.
It was a series of events that, when looked at separately, weren’t all that notable, but after putting them together, they can only be described as serendipitous-fitting together just-so for a perfectly timed and somewhat surprising result.
Each event led up to this final outcome. Again, it doesn’t seem that notable, however it will set into motion a new chain of events that will produce a major change….a new chapter, if you will.
I’m excited, terrified, somewhat stressed and at peace. I don’t know what will happen but I do know that right now, at this moment we are exactly where we need to be.
And I can only leave the rest up to Him.
Last night was my final night at my part-time job. I’ll be starting my normal summer gig next week. In all honesty, it was bittersweet. I am looking forward to having some time off (only working 40 hours) before I begin another crazy-but familiar-schedule…and I am glad for a change of scenery…but I’ll miss the people and I feel bad for leaving them.
It’s funny how we can be so conflicted about changes in our lives, whether they be big or small: “It’s great except for this part…” or “I want this to happen but not if that goes along with it…” or even, “I need to do such-and-such a thing, but I can’t because of X, Y and Z.”
We put these conditions on our happiness when we should just …be happy, roll with the punches and embrace the adventures that come our way. Yes, it can be scary, but it’s living! God did not intend for us to be stuck in the same place, doing the same thing and being afraid and unhappy. He wants us to live, to love and to grow… while having some fun.
If you fall flat on your face, it’s to prove that you can pick yourself up, you can bounce back and do better, still.
As I’ve gotten older, I admit, I’m a bit more cautious and I have my moments of doubt. But I still embrace change. The last three years have brought a multitude of changes-both good and bad-and I’m in a place I never imagined. But I’ve never been happier. And I’ve never felt more open to possibilities.
I was cleaning out my inbox yesterday and stumbled across messages I’d written from 2007. It’s crazy to see written proof of how different I am, to see how my state of mind and my priorities are so different… and yet, I’m still me. I can still see that 19-year-old girl…
And here I am in 2012, itching for something new, wanting something different and looking forward.
Time for a change….