This is happening in the kitchen… well, technically in the freezer, right now.
I promise I will be back with regular posts tomorrow.
PS. I originally titled this post Monday Night. It’s going to be a long week.
Is a burger and a beer. What foods are you craving right now?
I know a just did a post about the Farmhouse Tap & Grill, but seriously. Go there. This is their handiwork. I dream about this burger.
Have a great day, everyone!
So, I realize that my normal Monday post was late…My apologies. Life got in the way, and by that I mean… I got crazy busy!
Anyway, with all the running lately, my body is protesting. My hips are sore, my legs are tense and I’ve been getting foot cramps. My abs even hurt. I like it. A lot. Call me a glutton for punishment, but it feels good to push my body further and harder than it’s used to…and to have it perform better than I thought it could.
Saturday was the big 5k… My nerves were unwarranted and even though I didn’t have the best time, it felt good to be out there, especially because Ben was running with me.
Sunday was a rest day, Ben and I stuck with a walk. Yesterday I got a pretty good (but short) run in yesterday with a friend (Hi Tara!), in addition to a morning walk. Today will be a late run and tomorrow will be another run with Tara. I’ve also talked Ben into another 5k this weekend! Yes!
Another side effect of being more active? I’m starving. All the time! And I want to eat really random things. Call them minor food obsessions, if you will.
All I really want right now… in no particular order is the following:
- A giant cheeseburger topped with fresh jalapenos and caramelized onions. Hold the fries…
- Spaghetti and meatsauce
- A Meatball sub on a nice crisp baguette
- French Onion soup
- A Burrito-this isn’t that unusual
- Roasted chickpeas- a new discovery for me. Addicted. Recipe coming your way.
- Brisket-Thankfully Ben just smoked one…and made peach habanero barbecue sauce to go with it. Holy yum! More on this coming your way.
- Homemade hash-none of that canned crap.
- Eggs. Again, not that unsual.
- Ice cream
- A nice toasty sub
- A giant slice of chocolate cake
- Peanut Butter
- Kale. I am all about kale lately.
- Annie’s White Cheddar Mac and Cheese. With plain/Greek yogurt.
I’m seeing a lot of protein on this list. I’ve got a lot of cooking to do…and many more miles to run!
Do you have any foods that you crave when more active?
P.S. Keep your eyes peeled for a special post in the next week!