Hi friends! Happy 2014!
How did you celebrate?
I spent New Year’s Eve working both jobs and spent yesterday (mostly) in bed, trying to kick this nasty head cold… today, I am back at work, drinking Kombucha and a fruit smoothie, in hopes that I’ll be back to normal in the next day or so…
Let’s get started!
#1. Would you rather run in a thunderstorm or a snowstorm? I’d say thunderstorm…there’s something so freeing about running in the rain and I feel like a bad-ass… not that I mind snow… but rain is better.
#2. Would you rather breathe through your nose or breathe through your mouth? I do both, depending on the day…. today, I’m a mouth breather…. yuck.
#3. Would you rather do 100 squats or 100 crunches? [Now take a break and go do them. ;)] I’m going to go with 100 crunches.
#4. Would you rather have a baked good for dessert or an extra serving of your favorite entree? Extra serving of my favorite entrée…. unless it’s really good chocolate cake (and I am picky about my chocolate cake).
#5. Would you rather run on a treadmill for an hour or run around the same street block for an hour? I’d pick running around the same street block…I HATE the treadmill.
#6. Would you rather have a headache during a run or a side stitch? Headache….I think.
#7. Would you rather have a rest day on a work day or a day off? I’d say probably a day off…but I normally end up doing my rest days on a work day…. weird.
#8. Would you rather be a race director or a race volunteer? I’ve done both… I love being a race director and am currently in the process of planning Strides for James 2014. It’s so rewarding and I love getting to meet/keep in touch with so many people in the community–both runners and volunteers!
#9. Would you rather spend your money on running gadgets [HRM, GPS watch, Headphones] or running shoes? Running shoes… I’m not a huge gadget person.
#10. Would you rather run in a relay or do the run portion of a distance triathlon? Run a relay…Ragnar Relay, anyone?!
What about you?! How would you answer these questions? What’s your best “would you rather…” question?
I’ve never done one of these before, but I stumbled on Olive To Run’s Post and figured I’d give it a try…
Anyway, let’s get started!
1. Would you rather… Be dressed up like a Zombie for a race OR be chased by a Zombie during a race?
Hmm… I’d say be chased, it just seems like it would be absolutely hysterical! There is a run in October at a local farm where people chase you around on horseback and try to “capture” you…think flag football, with a monster twist… I think it’s on the race docket this year!
2. Would you rather… train with Chuck Norris or train with Arnold Schwarzenegger?
Chuck Norris, obviously.
3. Would you rather…Get stuck in an elevator after a race with other people and have to pee or get stuck in a port-a-potty at your race?
As weak as my stomach is around poo/vomit? I’d say get stuck in an elevator, I’d just make everyone turn around.
4. Would you rather… drink milk as you run your race or drink soda/pop?
Barf… gah… I don’t know… I’d say milk for the electrolytes and protein, I suppose.
5. Would you rather… puke all the way down the front of yourself during a race or have someone ELSE puke on your foot?
Honestly, I’d say someone puke on my foot… At least I can rinse it off with some water…I don’t think I could take the smell of vomit all down my front!
6. Would you rather… be three feet taller than you currently are or three feet shorter than you currently are?
Three feet taller… I’m only 5′ 4″!
7. Would you rather… sing call me maybe on repeat during a race OR do the Macarena the entire race?
Call Me, Maybe. No contest.
Confession: I listen to the Carly Rae Jepsen station on Pandora during a lot of my long runs. Don’t judge!
8. Would you rather… have someone’s snot rocket hit you in the face or someone’s blood from chaffing hit you in the face?
Snot Rocket… I’m not good with blood.
9. Would you rather… receive a beautiful, shiny medal at the end of your race OR have the race organizers donate $100 to a charity after you finish a race?
Charity! As much as I love runner swag, I’d rather have the money go to someone who needs it, especially after planning a charity run and knowing what goes into it.
10. Would you rather… “hit the wall” halfway through your race distance and struggle the rest of the way OR get close to the end feeling great the whole time but end up having to DNF?
Funny, I was actually jus thinking about this the other day… I’d say hit the wall… as painful as it would be, the feeling of accomplishment after would be worth it.
Thanks to Cori for this fun survey!
What about you?! What are you best “would you rather…” questions?