1. I really want T. Swift’s new album. Lyrical Genius. Should I be embarrassed by this?
2. Where was this album in 2009 when I really needed it?!
3. I love apples. And apple cider donuts. And apple cake. And pie … and… apples.
4. I had forgotten how much I enjoy eating toast with cream cheese and strawberry jam. Yum!
5. Does it make me a bad person if I change the radio station every time a song that features a gospel choir or kids singing comes on? It’s one thing if it’s, you know, a gospel concert or a kids’ chorus… but otherwise… such a gimmick! Come up with better material!
6. This happened on my way to work this morning…sigh.
7. Dear Old Navy, why is it that I’m down three sizes in every other brand of pants I try on, but I am only down one/still the same size in your pants? How does this make sense?!
8. Dear Size 8 (Except at Old Navy), it’s been a long time. I think we’ll stay friends for a while.
9. I need to make these soon.
10. Our fridge/freezer are currently stocked with butter and cream cheese. Life is as it should be and it’s time to do some baking. (Hello Pies!)
11. Speaking of pie, it’s time to make some of these little beauties.
12. Farmer Ben, I love that we’ve been getting in some runs together. You don’t know how happy this makes me…even if I did almost fall on my face last night.
14. I had forgotten how much I enjoy Sam’s Cherry Wheat. Phew!
15. Judging by most of these notes, it’s a good thing that I’ve been running lately!
16. How is Thanksgiving only a week and two days away?!
17. I cannot wait to try a spin class this week.
18. Habanero Hot Sauce made by Farmer Ben makes me happy…but it also makes my lips burn and my brow sweat. I guess it’s true that love hurts.
19. Cottage Cheese + Habanero Hot Sauce=True Love Forever.
20. I clearly haven’t had enough coffee today.
21. I can’t wait to run tonight. It’s going to be a late one, but worth it.
22. Anyone have any challenges/new adventures for me? See this post for more info.
23. Happy Tuesday!
13. Did anyone else notice that I skipped number 13? Oops!
1. How the heck is it already September 12? My brain cannot process how quickly the summer flew by.
2. The hubs is back on My Fitness Pal. Yesssss! Mission accomplished.
3. Making jalapeno peach jam tonight. So excited!
4. Planks really hurt. Hurts so good.
5. My whole body is still sore and achey today. Come on Baby, make it hurt so good!
6. Sometimes love don’t feel like it should… Hurts so good!
7. Just kidding, it’s from all the running. And planks.
8. Speaking of running, I cannot wait to get out for a nice little jog tonight. And listen to some 80’s music…
9. This article really spoke to me. It’s so true, runners (and athletes in general) cheer each other on, even if you don’t realize it at the time. I have friends who are just starting out on their running journeys and worry about how they look or how fast they can go. This is for them. I am so inspired by you all.
10. This was a fun little article and I can definitely relate to a lot of these. Great motivation!
11. Slow Food September. Love this. Hubby Time and Lunch? Yes, please!
12. Shout-out to Rachel at Rachel’s Table (Awesome localvore blog!) for this great idea! Even after marinara, salsa, two kinds of ketchup and barbecue sauce, we still have tomatoes to use up…so trying this!
13. I heart corny jokes. Score.
14. These are becoming a habit. So many good things, all in one little patty!
12. A sweet old barn from our run on Monday. Such a gorgeous spot!!!
13. Days like today make me love Autumn in the Adirondacks.
14. Speaking of autumn, I have so much planned for the next couple of months. Loving life!
15. Jeremiah 29:11.
16. Farmer Ben, you’re pretty cute.
17. Happy Wednesday!
This is a special post. Number 100 to be exact.
It feels like just yesterday that I started this crazy blog and I hope to continue the tradition of weird over-shares, general mishaps and fun.
I’ve been trying to come up with some crazy and over the top for my hundredth post… but frankly, I’ve been busy…and tired. …and I’m really good at making excuses…
Anyway, instead of something crazy and over the top, here are some photos of my life lately… I love it.
Summer sunsets-I took this yesterday during my cool down. I love the view on my road. Beautiful.
Ben and I went to a friend’s house last weekend to help him do something with his abundance of Roma tomatoes-as you can see, we filled an 18 gallon tub and found the biggest beat I’ve ever seen….needless to say, he’ll have enough marinara and barbecue sauce for a looooooooong time!
Farmer Ben and I also did some shopping this weekend. I finally broke down and bought a new pair of sneakers. So far I am loving them, but I am still getting used to the color.
Our anniversary was ten days ago. I suprised Ben and we took a trip to the Finger Lakes… here are some photos from our mini-roadtrip…
I love you all, too. Thanks for reading and sticking around!
Stay tuned for my weekly GBN post!!!
I am happy to report that I was able to drag myself–and Farmer Ben!–out of bed for a run this morning. 3.34 miles and a photo. Look for it in next week’s GBN post! This series is off to a great start…and by great start I mean… I started!
Unfortunately my breakfast put a bit of a damper on my day…. I wasn’t able to make breakfast this morning so I was starving by the time I got to work…and I had no snacks in my desk. Le sigh. I was offered a cereal bar and was so hungry that I couldn’t say no. Beggars can’t be choosers. Lesson learned. Er… re-learned.
I thought I’d leave you with a few confessions from this week:
*I hit the snooze button this morning. Twice. Ben was NOT happy.
*I could really go for a BLT.
*I get incredibly grumpy if I skip breakfast… or lunch… or snack time. What I’m saying is, that if I’m hungry, I’m not pleasant.
*I’m the weirdo that sits at their desk eating cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices. And enjoys it.
*I’ve been so happy eating salad, fresh herbs, swiss chard, potatoes, beets and beets greens, beans and peppers from the garden…but nothing compares to Farmer Ben’s tomatoes. Life on the food front has been amazing.
*I desperately want a coffee. In and around my mouth.
*This weekend, this needs to happens.
*I get to have lunch with LizDukes today and am incredibly excited!
*Farmer Ben made me smile with these pictures. (I have a soft spot for oddly shaped foods).
Enjoy your weekend! Happy running…and eating!
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; local food just tastes better! Especially if it’s from your own backyard. There’s just something about knowing exactly how your food is grown and being able to pick it at its peak freshness. It never gets old.
Monday, I had the pleasure of assisting Farmer Ben in the garden… with my current work schedule, it hasn’t happened enough lately. Needless to say, it was glorious. It felt good to dig right into the dirt and pull out all the things we’ve grown. I think I enjoyed the potatoes the most–so much fun!
So… I’ll say it again… nothing compares to fresh picked food. It’s just amazing.
Here are just a few pictures of our garden adventure:
It feels so good seeing the fruits (and veggies) of our labor.
I am so blessed to have such a talented, hard-working hubs! Thank you, Farmer Ben!
What are some of your favorite garden items and activities?
Today I came home to a wonderful surprise. Farmer Ben had been playing in the garden and had some gorgeous veggies to prove it… and then, per usual, he turned it into a wonderful dinner for us to share. Take a look!
Cabbage rolls, cucumber, beets, tomatoes, and potatoes–all picked today!–paired with local eggs and some chili sauce (a Farmer Ben specialty) from last year’s peppers. I am so excited to enjoy this meal, it’s the first big pick from the garden, other than a few small tomatoes, herbs and tons of lettuce. Not pictured: beet greens and swiss chard… and a giant tomato! I hope you all enjoy your dinners as much as I am going to enjoy this one. Happy Monday!