Although it is only Wednesday, I have come to a number of realizations this week. Super important stuff, let me tell you.
1. Don’t wear a sweater to the second job on Trivia Night. It gets way too hot.
2. Don’t drink coffee while wearing a white scarf.
3. I really need to stop forgetting my hat and gloves.
4. Breakfast makes life so much better.
5. So does homemade bread.
6. Annie’s Mac and Cheese is delicious when substituting Greek Yogurt for milk. New obsession? Probably.
7. I really want to make this Cheeseburger Salad.
8. And these Roasted and Shredded Beef Sandwiches.
9. I must consume this soup sometime soon (veggies and beans). For reals.
10. And these tacos (black beans and sweet potatoes), oh my sweet lord.
11. I think I am addicted to food blogs. Or just food. Maybe both. Help?
12. No matter where my media naranja is in the world, she totally gets me. ChocPBPretzels. Ugh!
13. My husband is at home baking bread right now. I am the luckiest woman on the planet.
14. As much as I am not a morning person, I love seeing the sunrise everyday on my way to work.
15. Lunges really kick my butt (ha).
That’s all for now!
Until next time….
Can I just say that the last place I wanted to be today was at work? Is that wrong? Probably. I much rather be driving around blasting country music and singing along at the top of my lungs… Or at home with Benjamin, baking up something fabulous, maybe enjoying a PBR… Or out running and getting lost in the thick fog that seems to have taken over the North Country.
I don’t know if it’s this time of year or if it’s just been a crazy week, but I am mentally checking out. The to-do stack on my desk is getting pretty big, and seems to double whenever I move something to the “Completed” stack. And there is no sign of it slowing down.
This morning was a bit rough and the day seems to be dragging on…but that is probably because I have some pretty awesome plans for later…no big deal. The hubs and I had our usual Wednesday lunch date and now I am anxiously watching the clock to make sure everything goes off without a hitch… it’s torture.
Besides the evening plans, there are a few other things on my mind.
- Lentils. I absolutely love lentils. Especially when topped with a fried egg, Parmesan cheese and a few slices of avocado. They rock my world. Dinner tomorrow. It’s happening.
- This macaroni and cheese. I am making this for some friends of mine. So easy to make and absolute heaven. I used Cabot/McAdam Jack & Cheddar. Only the best.
- Sweet Potato Fudge. I usually am NOT a fan of white chocolate, but the sweet potato aspect is really grabbing my attention, I may need to substitute some dark chocolate…
- Chocolate Beer Cupcakes with Irish Whiskey Buttercream . This looks awesome. I am a huge fan of beer flavored chocolate cakes. I definitely need to make these sometime. It looks like they can also be made gluten-free! I may have to make it this way and then try it with regular butter and milk, just for fun, either way, these are going to happen in my kitchen.
- Quinoa Patties. These are so easy to make and so good. Please try them.
- My husband’s birthday. Ben is turning 29 this weekend. I know he’s working all day, but I am so excited to celebrate as a married couple. So corny, I know. I am currently try to come up with something good. He snooped through the box that contained his present… accidentally-the stinker! Now I am scheming for some sort of surprise. More on that later.
- Christmas. I never used to like Christmas but the last few years have really opened me up to it. I’ve been very blessed and I love to share that with the people I love. The major lack of snow is a bit weird for this time of year, but I am soaking up all the merriment, regardless (If you still have shopping to do, check out my previous post for an awesome gift idea!).
- Measuring Spoons. Okay, maybe it’s only hilarious to me, but Ben and I always put the measuring spoons back in different drawers. It drives me absolutely batty.
- The stack on my desk that’s not disappearing….
… Time to go! Until next time!